Finding the joy in OUR journey

And The "Grammy" Award Goes To...

Grammy Laura! My mom spent the week after Easter with us so I could go over to Sun Valley with Travis. He had a work conference and I just wanted some peace and quiet! We left Wednesday night so she got to be Nanny Grammy for a few days. Unfortunately for her, Jaden got sick the first night we were gone so they spent their "sleeping" time running back and forth from the bathroom--The joys of being the one in charge. Thursday was pretty uneventful, lots and lots of movies, but Friday is when the partying began. You know what they say...When Mom and Dad are away, Grammy and the kids will play; and play they did!
First, they each got a friend and they headed off to the bowling alley.
(Chloe and Grammy)












(Jaden and Simion)












(Lexie, her friend Sallee is not pictured; yet)












After a mean game of bumper bowl, they gathered up the troops and headed over McDonald's for wild, energy expending dinner.












Once home, the bedtime party started with all of them getting in Chloe's pajamas for a "Dora" pajama parade, followed by everyone hitting the sack on Mom and Dad's floor!












Saturday morning they got up early and took a short 2 hour jont over to Burley, Idaho.












We finally decided on a Shitzu, and the Mama dog had her babies a couple of weeks ago. Lexie was very anxious to pick hers out so Grammy took them over so she could have first dibs on the babies. While all the puppies were absolutely adorable...













This is the lucky one that gets to join our madness (not for three more weeks though)!












Thanks Grammy, for taking such good care of the kiddos, they had a blast!

5 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Can you send her up to my place next?!? Ummm... minus the dog, thanks! (Although he is pretty stinkin' cute!)

Steve and Jen said...

Oh I totally agree she wins the GRAMMY award! She is so Super, and fantastic and the list goes on!
I always tell people that everyone needs an aunt Laura! You are lucky she's your mom! :-)
Fun that you got to pick our the puppy! Hope you enjoy it! It sure is cute!
My sis Suz, just got a puppy and she said it was worse than having a baby. I'm anxious to see how this puppy changes the Schwab's! :-)
In a good way of course!

Schwab Family said...

You are such a natural pro at this blogging thing.You surpassed me awhile ago and started much later.You will have to show me some pointers.Looks like the kids had fun with grammy Laura.Cute pictures!That puppy is darn cute too!

MixersNutrition said...

Holy Shitzu, what has the world come too. You are opening pandoras box with getting a dog. Travis still hasn't let go of benji our dog from our childhood. Let me know if he is getting any sleep or crying all night long because of the smell, bark, and presence of a dog in the home. It must be torture for him. I am just kidding, but seriously, let me know how he is doing. Cant wait to spend another summer with you guys.
Love Scott

Berrybritt said...

I love it. I am not sure that I can let Jaden live down the Dora pjs. too funny