Finding the joy in OUR journey

Our 4 legged Family Member!

Well, its finally happened. The event that I said would never happen became a reality Saturday afternoon. This is Maddie, the newest member of our family--Crazy, I know, but she is so much fun and she is such a love.












I heard that getting a puppy is just like having a baby and I have to tell you, IT'S WORSE!! As cute as this little bug is, she requires 24/7 supervision and even then she still leaves us "little surprises." Too bad you can't put puppies in diapers, it would sure make life a little easier while I'm trying to figure out all this doggy stuff. (If you have any suggestions, please let me know!)












Of course the kids absolutely love her! Lexie isn't such a grump in the morning when she is woken up by the sweet kisses of her "baby!"












Chloe is in hog heaven because it's like having a live doll. She packs her around constantly and it's not uncommon for me to find them curled up together in Maddie's kennell...If Maddie can survive Chloe, she will be able to survive ANYTHING!












(here they are on the couch listening to my I-pod. Chloe said she needed to get "pumped" up for gymnastics; don't you love the swim suite and tights?!)

6 comments:

Sarah J. said...

That is one stinkin' cute dog! It's almost tempting enough to... well, just look at them! When we first got our cat, Kennedy took him everyone! For stroller rides, dressed him in baby clothes, everything. It's too cute to see their nurturing side come out.

BTW, what is it with tights and swimsuits?! My girls do that too!

Schwab Family said...

Ahhhh!So cute!I am sure they are in heaven!We miss you guys!!

Berrybritt said...

She's so cute! I was hoping you would have another baby and now you have. I hope you are all enjoying. See you tomorrow at baseball

Christina White said...

First off, love the old time photos! So cute! I was hoping to see you and Travis in them . . .? j/k And I love you puppy, maddie is super cute! We are actually soon to join you in the puppy adventure . . . we are getting a min. schnuzer(sp?) in a few weeks. I am pretty excited, but also know that it will be like having a new born baby, but our poor kids seriously have NO pet & it is sad . . .What kid has to grow up with out a pet? Scott and I are begining to feel like super mean parents . . .so we are giving in. too. :)

Steve and Jen said...

The puppy is DARLING! And sounds like great entertainment and companionship for the kiddos!
Glad you have another "BABY" to take care of.
I have no puppy experience! I dislike two dogs on our street! I don't like their mess on our lawn and I REALLY get irritated with all of their barking. I'm not sure how soon I'll give in to the puppy idea at our house.
My 2, L O V E dogs! I still just like them.

Nate and Britney said...

How cute is Maddie... I want one just like her!! Brooke would go absolutely crazy and would be in heaven with her. Good luck on the potty training!!