Finding the joy in OUR journey

Our Little Track Star

This past Friday was the annual Area Hershey Track Meet held here in Rexburg. Each year Hershey sponsors track meets all over the nation for kids 9 and older. For the Area meet, everyone from all the surrounding areas have the chance to come over and participate. The top 3 qualifiers then have the chance to participate in the State meet on June 20th, and then the top qualifiers from that meet have the opportunity in August to participate in the National Finals back in Hershey Pennsylvania. Well, Lexie ran in the 50 meter and the 100 meter dash, and did the softball toss and placed in the top 3 in all 3 events!!















In the 50, she came in first in her heat and second overall. (I can't get the video to upload or you could watch the race)!
Next she ran the 100. Again she came in first in her heat, but this time she placed third overall. I was so worried about starting the camera at the whistle that I hit the wrong button and only got still shots.
ON YOUR MARK! GET SET!...











GO!











She had so much fun and is so excited for the State Meet in June!











We are so proud of her!











Chloe is so impressed, she has decided that maybe she would like to do track and be just like her big sister.

5 comments:

Christina White said...

I admire runners so much! That is someting I have never been able to do!! I walk fast or jog slowly, but to run a race . . .not so much. Way to go Lexi! You totally ROCK!

Schwab Family said...

Go Lexi!!!I miss my track days.Live it up!!Good luck on the 20th and thereafter!

soda girl said...

Wait to go Lexi!!! That's so awesome! I'm not much of a runner. I really want to see you guys soon!
Ashley

Nate and Britney said...

Congratulations Lexi... You Go Girl!! We are so proud of you that is so awesome!! Look Out Jackie Joyner!!

Ronda said...

Thats awesome Lexi!! Good luck at the next one! Wish I could do that.. I love that you went on a camping trip. That sounds so fun. Downetta is a great place. Theres nothing like camiping for good quality family time even if its in a tent!!:)